As a software provider, it is essential for TAI to stay up-to-date on the latest technology provided by the industry. We need to be far ahead of our clients in terms of technology adoption not only so that we can provide the adequate support for our products, but also think of new, innovative product ideas to bring to the market.
If you haven’t already heard, Microsoft is ending support for Windows Server 2003 on July 14th, 2015. What does that mean for TAI clients? While your applications can still run on Server 2003, Microsoft will no longer issue security updates or provide technical assistance, which can leave you vulnerable to system attacks or incompatibility issues down the road.
Having kept our fingers on the pulse of changing technology, TAI has already taken the steps necessary to address this change. This includes constantly patching our internal testing environments and purchasing the latest releases of any software that our systems rely on, such as server and desktop operating systems, Office, database software, and 3rd party tools utilized by the TAI system. Finally, we set up test environments to mimic any variation that our clients may be running.
YOUR NEXT STEPS
If you have an environment that is currently running Windows Server 2003, we recommend you take the following steps:
- Upgrade any servers running unsupported operating systems to ensure maximum data security.
- Contact TAI should you need assistance migrating the TAI .NET system over to a Windows Server 2012 or other supported operating system and we will walk you through setting up a fresh install.
- Reach out to your IT staff if you are unsure of the operating system running in your server environment, and if they have a migration plan in place.
- Release 2.30 (2006) – 12/31/2015
- Release 2.31 (2007) – 12/31/2016
- Release 2.40 (2008) – 12/31/2017
- Release 2.41 (2009) – 12/31/2018
- Release 3 and above – 6 year schedule
Check your TAI.Net version by accessing the application then click Help -> Release Number & Dates and locating the Application Release Number.
If you're ready to learn more or to schedule your upgrade, set up an appointment with us today.