Welcome to Sound Bytes – TAI’s Quarterly Newsletter, bringing you a summary of the latest news from across the TAI family. We hope that many of you could join us for this year’s User Group, and you found the content interesting and entertaining. While this is our second edition of the newsletter, you can be assured that you’re not getting any “Second Hand News” (Fleetwood Mac) from us.
Both Prosperity Life and Family Guardian have gone live this past quarter.
We are also pleased to announce that Brookfield Asset Management is the newest member of the TAI family.
- User Group 2021 – If you couldn’t attend all the sessions, or just enjoyed the conference so much you want to watch it again (we don’t blame you), please log in to the TAI Help Desk to access all the presentations. Also, check out Tom Freitas’ blog on the highlights of the week.
- Webinars – To watch the Ad Hoc Queries webinar hosted by Mindy Epstein, log in to the TAI Help Desk and navigate to the Knowledge Base.
- Swipe Right - While we always take our clients and work seriously, we do our best not to always take ourselves too seriously. Check out our latest adventures in dating in the reinsurance administration market at the IASA Virtual Vendor Tour – can you resist “Swiping Right”?
- Videos - With less time on the road, we’ve created helpful videos to keep you connected to our products and services including a short demonstration of our Life System for those new to the TAI community. Check it out here.
TAI Treaty - Launched TODAY! Visit our website to learn more, or watch the User Group presentation (found on the Help Desk) to discover how this new product is revolutionizing the way insurers and reinsurers store, manage and utilize treaty data.
Upcoming Webinars – Registration is now open for the TAI Help Desk Webinar taking place on July 22, hosted by Ryan, Paula, and Maria. Plus look out for our August webinar focusing on using TAI for your recapture programs, hosted by Jen.
Conferences – IASA Xchange Conference (Aug 29 – Sept 1) – Yes, we’ve been let out of our home offices to travel for the first time in 18 months! Nicole and Brian will be thoroughly excited to see you at the IASA conference in New Orleans.
Blogs – Look for our next blogs coming out this summer exploring the new TAI Treaty product and our Reinsurance Administration Optimization services.
We are currently working on the following custom projects for our TAI family. If any of these are of interest to your business, please contact us via the TAI Help Desk.
Adding New Blocks of Business – Supporting clients with the addition of new blocks of business to their existing TAI system. This can be as simple as adjusting the existing PME feed or setting up additional feeds into the system.
- Claims – Providing clients with the ability to utilize the claims functionality within the TAI system. This can include setting up a separate claims feed into the system.
- Staff Augmentation – Providing clients with dedicated resources, who have extensive experience in reinsurance and TAI Software to support your reinsurance administration operations.
TAI User Group 2021 took place May 10–15. Test your memory of the event by answering the questions below. Hint: all of the answers to the questions can be found in recordings on the TAI Help Desk.
- Where will TAI User Group 2022 be held (if in-person conferences are a go)?
- What bet did User Group co-host Wilson Varghese make in March 2020?
- What is the internal nickname for TAI 4.0?
Send your guesses to Nicole Karfakis at email@example.com with the subject line “TAI Fan Club Trivia” for your chance to win a Starbucks e-gift card.
Answer to last month’s question: Bermuda, Bahamas, Trinidad and Tobago, UK, SA, and HK.
Congratulations to Emma from Amica for providing the closest guess!
Here are a few useful links to upcoming conferences, product launches, and articles of interest.
Lara Zini, Senior Reinsurance Analyst
Meet Lara Zini from the TAI Outsourcing team located in Toronto. Join us in congratulating Lara on her four-year anniversary with TAI coming up in August 2021.
Lara’s passions, outside of reinsurance administration, include running, traveling, spending time outside in the sun, and never ever missing an opportunity to stop and say hi to any and every dog she comes across.
In addition to loving the outdoors, Lara is also a lover of music with taste spanning from Linkin Park to Celine Dion. And as an avid traveler (who can’t wait to be back to jet setting once traveling freely is an option), she even attended the Grammy Awards in New York back in 2017!
Words of Wisdom from Wilson
I’m starting to have this weird feeling about this summer – Hope? Excitement? It’s starting to feel like things are getting back to some degree of normal (or whatever normal was before this pandemic).
Take this past User Group. Nicole and I had a blast hosting it, and there were many people who not only attended but participated by asking questions and even answering our poll questions. Sure, it was virtual, but it felt like being in a hotel conference room was all that was missing.
And now summer’s here! Do I even know how a patio works anymore? How will I know how to greet friends? Do I have to relearn how to hug or give a handshake? Will I even recognize people without their masks on? So many questions, but I’m looking forward to answering them.
I hope everyone has a great summer and gets a chance to get outside and enjoy it!
Please drop us a quick note to let us know what you think. Any and all suggestions for future topics are welcome.
Thanks for reading, and until our next issue, stay safe.
Brian, Andy and Nicole