It’s hard to believe we are already in the final stretch of 2016! I hope you had a wonderful Summer and were able to check off all the items on your Summer fun list. It was a busy season for us, celebrating new client wins, getting an understanding of your training needs and connecting with industry professionals at conferences.
In this newsletter you’ll see the momentum continues as we head into Fall. With future system release planning in full force, we are looking for your feedback to inform direction. You’ll also find out which conferences we will be attending and we reveal the dates and location of the 2017 User Group Meeting!
New Client Win
In September, we proudly announced that ivari has selected LOGiQ3 as a long-term outsourcing partner to deliver Reinsurance Management and Administration Services and TAI’s software suite as the software platform of choice. We are thrilled to have ivari added to our roster of clients.
Q3 Survey Results: Training Needs Revealed
During User Group 2016, retirement was revealed to be an industry wide concern. In August, we asked our subscribers and TAP members to participate in a Training Needs Survey. Later this month we will be sharing an in-depth look at insights and results from the survey on the blog but we’d like to share a few notable highlights here:
From 31 responses:
- The most popular types of reinsurance training among respondents were independent self-study, formal in-house training and one-on-one mentoring with team members
- Half of the respondents feel it takes 6-12 months for a new reinsurance team member to be productive
- 48% of respondents find online learning such as LOMA & LIMRA effective
- Almost 85% of respondents feel that a training program resulting in ‘TAI Certified Administrator’ would be useful
Next TAP Survey: New Fields for Future Release 3.4
At TAI, we are committed to improving our product offering by continuously learning about the needs of our clients. Surveys and polls are a great mechanism to initiate needs analysis. With planning of new system releases in full force, we are seeking the feedback of our TAP Members on the potential addition of new fields to the system. Current TAP Members will be sent a link to complete this survey.
If you would like to become a TAP member to be involved current and future surveys, follow this link to fill out an application form.
Highlights from BILTIR
In September I attended the BILTIR Conference in Bermuda with Brian Wilkinson from LOGiQ3. As co-sponsors we had the opportunity to connect with many insurers and reinsurers in the Bermuda market and learn about the challenges they are currently experiencing.
In addition to hosting the conference breakfast, we heard from thought leaders on:
- The State of Capital Markets - increasing global debt, the international bond market and the search for yield
- Global Population Trends - how the changes in working age population can and will affect insurance trends
- The Macroeconomic View – Central Banks, interest rates, and its affect on world economies
- Cybersecurity – Trends in the industry, data breaches, and cyber incidents as the 3rd highest business risk among insurers.
Bermuda continues to be a leading global risk capital, with expert knowledge and innovative companies in life and non-life domiciled there. We continue to invest and are happy to be part of this continually evolving marketplace.
Say Hello to Us this Fall
Conference season is upon us and we look forward to connecting with you while we’re on the road. If you’re attending the following events and would like to discuss our new suite of products or joint reinsurance administration solution with LOGiQ3, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
- SOA (Las Vegas) Fall Meeting 23-26/ 10 (Exhibit Booth 107)
- RAPA (San Antonio) 16-18/10
Save the Date – User Group 2017
Gear up for User Group 2017. BIG NEWS! We just revealed the location and dates for our annual meeting. Online registration will open early 2017 so mark your calendars. We look forward to hosting you in Scottsdale!
Dates: May 10 – 12, 2017
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Travel plans for the fall and winter months?
If you need inspiration, according to Google data this year’s emerging hot spots are:
3. Toronto (visit our friends at LOGiQ3!)
4. Mexico City
Sign up to our community of subscribers to get the next newsletter and latest insights from the team to your inbox.